WE DID IT!
The final number for the weekend’s Feed My Starving Children Mobile Meal pack event was…..1,003,104 meals packed. An absolutely awesome number!
The much needed food is already on its way with half going out on Monday to Guatemala and Belize while the other half is shipping out today to Haiti and Dominica. Without your help, this incredible event could never been as successful as it was. So on behalf of FMSC, thank you so very, very much.
Here are some other crazy facts from the weekend.
- Nearly 4,000 participants delivered, scooped, carried and weighed the following:
- Over 50 tons (100,775 pounds) of rice….one coffee cup scoop at a time / 1,003,104 times;
- Over 16 tons (33,516 pounds) of soy;
- Over 7,000 pounds of vitamin powder and 2,600 pounds of freeze dried vegetables – in two tablespoons increments;
- The most productive shifts were Saturday 11-1 p.m (104,760 meals) and Saturday 2-4 shift (104,328 meals);
- Four pallets of food (16 super sized boxes) was collected for the North Texas Food Bank; and
- Over $110,000 has been raised towards the needed goal of $222,000 to pay for the food.
All in all, an incredible 3 day event!
We still need to cover a good portion of the food cost, so if you would like to contribute / donate directly to this event, please use the following link:
Also, If you would like to host a future event, please feel free to contact me or Heather Hecht with Feed My Starving Children email@example.com